Symbiotics and Oikocredit invest in ETG to support West Africa cocoa and cashew value chains
The loan will help create an additional 200 jobs and support the work of 70,000 smallholder farmers in Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria
Symbiotics and Oikocredit have extended a loan of US$ 30.8 million to Agri Commodities & Finance FZ-LLC, the main trading company of the UAE-based Export Trading Group (ETG).
ETG is a global leader in the agriculture commodities market, offering the collection of agriculture products and supply chain solutions across five continents. The loan will support growth in ETG’s cocoa and cashew operations in West Africa for the next three years.
Yves Komaclo, Oikocredit's Investment Manager for West Africa, stated: "We are very pleased to support ETG, as their focus on smallholder farmers aligns well with Oikocredit’s mission. Our collaboration will help sustain a market outlet for cocoa and cashew farmers, then in turn, improve livelihoods of farmer communities and contribute to the professionalisation of affiliated farmer organisations.”
- November 30 | 2021 11:00 - IDH Farmfit Fund and Oikocredit co-investment in Aldea Global to support Nicaraguan coffee smallholders
- November 17 | 2021 11:00 - Symbiotics and Oikocredit invest in ETG to support West Africa cocoa and cashew value chains
- November 16 | 2021 16:33 - Q3 2021 quarterly report: Cautious optimism
- November 16 | 2021 16:28 - Mirjam ‘t Lam appointed Oikocredit’s Managing Director
- November 15 | 2021 11:36 - Oikocredit partners Crecer and Fonkoze shortlisted for European Microfinance Award 2021 for Inclusive Finance and Healthcare
- November 05 | 2021 12:10 - Oikocredit holds general meeting in December
- November 04 | 2021 12:26 - Capacity building for agriculture [interview]
- November 03 | 2021 11:00 - Oikocredit expands its financial inclusion portfolio with the latest investment in Senegal
- November 01 | 2021 10:00 - Oikocredit and Opportunity International announce impact investment of USD 100 million to advance education in low-income countries