Oikocredit’s new capital-raising model in effect for existing investors in Canada
Under the new model, existing investors in Canada have been made direct investors in Oikocredit via participations.
Until 2020, investors in Canada were able to invest indirectly in OIKOCREDIT, Ecumenical Development Cooperative Society U.A. (Oikocredit) through Stichting Oikocredit International Share Foundation (OISF). OISF is a member of Oikocredit. It held member shares in Oikocredit and issued depository receipts for those shares to investors in Canada.
OISF ceased its offer in Canada in late 2020 but continued to serve existing investors until the full implementation of Oikocredit’snew capital-raising model as of 1 April 2023. New investments are unfortunately not possible for investors based in Canada.
OISF depository receipts exchanged for Oikocredit participations
As of 1 April 2023, all depository receipts issued by OISF and held by existing investors in Canada have been exchanged for participations issued by Oikocredit. Participations are non-voting equity instruments governed by Dutch law. Due to this exchange, all existing investors in Canada are now direct investors in the international cooperative.
Existing investors in Canada can continue to hold their existing investment(s), and it will continue to support Oikocredit’s mission. If investors do not want to continue to be invested in Oikocredit via participations, they can request a redemption of their investment by completing and returning a redemption form (individual redemption form). Organizations can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a redemption form.
New model expected to unify Oikocredit’s work and increase its impact
The new capital-raising model allows Oikocredit to simplify its investment offer within its active countries. It also enablesthe cooperative to use more resources in partnerships and projects that benefit low-income communities, and in promoting sustainable development together with its global network of investors, members and partners.
Investors can read more about participations in the participation terms, available here.
To learn more about the changes to the new capital-raising model that took place in early 2023, click here.
For any questions, investors and organizations can contact email@example.com.
- April 26 | 2023 4/26/23, 11:01 AM - Oikocredit Live: how do digital surveys measure social impact?
- April 12 | 2023 4/12/23, 11:07 AM - Results for 2022: Oikocredit confident about staying at the forefront of impact investing
- April 11 | 2023 4/11/23, 4:16 PM - Q4 2022 quarterly report: Continuing progress
- April 06 | 2023 4/6/23, 2:18 PM - Fusion Microfinance: Giving wings to clients’ dreams
- April 04 | 2023 4/4/23, 10:59 AM - From Outreach to Impact: Oikocredit drives forward positive social impact with Client Self-Perception Survey
- April 01 | 2023 4/1/23, 12:01 AM - Oikocredit’s new capital-raising model in effect for existing investors in Canada