Stichting Oikocredit International Share Foundation ceases its offering in Canada
Stichting Oikocredit International Share Foundation (OISF) has ceased offering depository receipts in Canada. This means that investors in Canada will not be able to make additional investments.
Current investments are not affected. Existing investors will continue to be serviced by OISF and retain all the rights under the OISF Terms & Conditions, including the right to dividends, if any. However, any future dividends will not be reinvested in depository receipts. Investors can choose to receive any future dividends in cash or donate them to Stichting Oikocredit’s International Support Foundation to support capacity building programs for Oikocredit’s partners. Information regarding OISF and depository receipts will continue to be available to existing Canadian investors at www.oikocredit.ca.
We are grateful to our dedicated investors in Canada for their support of Oikocredit’s mission over the years. Given this, our decision has not been easy. It comes in response to the increasingly complex compliance landscape and challenges that we face in reaching the scale of investments required to maintain viability.
Oikocredit will maintain its presence in Canada via the churches and other organizations that are members of the Cooperative, including via the Oikocredit Canada Support Association.
Thos Gieskes, Managing Director at Oikocredit, said: “We remain thankful to our Canadian investors for their support of Oikocredit’s mission via the Stichting Oikocredit International Share Foundation to improve the lives of people on low incomes. We remain committed to our Canadian members and the Canadian people who share our vision.”
To share your preference for your dividends please complete and return this dividend allocation form.
For more information, please contact Brigid McQuaid: 1.647.546.2393; firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay informed about Oikocredit and its activities in Canada please visit:
- December 23 | 2020 08:00 - Interview: How Oikocredit supports small-scale cocoa producers in West Africa
- December 22 | 2020 12:06 - Stichting Oikocredit International Share Foundation ceases its offering in Canada
- December 17 | 2020 12:07 - € 7 million to support smallholder cocoa producers in Côte d’Ivoire
- December 15 | 2020 10:50 - Flowers and meal deliveries: how Indians on low incomes use loans to grow
- December 04 | 2020 16:21 - Oikocredit expands its commitment to Mexican SMEs with investment in Aspiria