Oikocredit is partnering with Sidian Bank to support SMEs in Kenya
Sidian Bank, a mid-tier bank focusing on SMEs in Kenya has secured a deal with the Netherlands based social impact investor, Oikocredit, to support lending to the SME sector in Kenya.
Sidian Bank has been at the forefront of providing financial solutions to the SME sector in the economy through shaping, developing and addressing the needs of entrepreneurs.
Oikocredit's Investments Manager, East and Southern Africa, Caroline Mulwa, noted “Oikocredit is excited to be part of Sidian Bank's Growth. This institution has demonstrated the ability to package trade solutions to the emerging SME clientele. This investment will enable the bank to lend more and thus contribute to the creation of sustainable jobs, which is in line with the mission of Oikocredit to create a lasting social impact on the low-income sections of society. During the investment period, Oikocredit will work with the bank to mainstream social impact and its measurement into its lending activities.”
- September 24 | 2021 11:44 - Oikocredit joins DFC and USAID in USD $55 million Covid-19 relief loan financing programme for sustainable agriculture development in India
- September 23 | 2021 14:05 - Change to Oikocredit’s Managing Board
- September 22 | 2021 15:45 - Supporting partners’ innovative responses to Covid-19
- September 22 | 2021 10:59 - Oikocredit is partnering with Sidian Bank to support SMEs in Kenya
- September 20 | 2021 11:07 - Making a difference: our Impact Report 2021
- September 15 | 2021 17:07 - Impact Report 2021 is live!
- September 03 | 2021 14:37 - Carlos and Esteban’s story: Securing a better future