Oikocredit invests US$ 2 million in RDG Collective to support solar energy growth in Africa
RDG Collective will use the loan to provide electricity and mobile connections to thousands more households in Zambia.
Social impact investor Oikocredit has agreed a credit line of US$ 2 million for RDG Collective, a provider of pay-as-you-go off-grid solar solutions in Zambia, bringing access to electricity to underserved households.
With Oikocredit's support, RDG Collective will be able to offer an estimated 12,500 low-income Zambians both access to clean energy and a path to ownership of off-grid solar products that can be extended to fit users' growing energy needs. Access to renewable electricity and productive-use-of-energy (PUE) appliances will support households in improving their living standards, increasing their earning potential and achieving lives of greater dignity.
Since its inception, RDG Collective has pioneered and provided solar energy solutions for low-income communities. It has sold more than 20,000 energy devices to date, helping improve the lives of more than 100,000 people with clean energy access and providing more than 300 people with meaningful economic opportunities by employing them as agents.
- November 29 | 2023 11/29/23, 6:00 PM - Oikocredit Canada to Wind Down Operations
- November 28 | 2023 11/28/23, 2:16 PM - Q3 2023 quarterly report: Creating more impact despite headwinds
- November 22 | 2023 11/22/23, 11:41 AM - Oikocredit invests € 7.5 million in Vista Bank Burkina to support SMEs and educational finance in Africa
- November 20 | 2023 11/20/23, 9:11 AM - Oikocredit Live: How Inclusive Finance Works
- November 16 | 2023 11/16/23, 1:45 PM - Oikocredit and Aqua for All partnerships to boost community water and sanitation provision in East Africa
- November 08 | 2023 11/8/23, 10:00 AM - Oikocredit, Goodwell Investments and Global Partnerships invest in Good Nature Agro to support southern African smallholder farmers
- November 06 | 2023 11/6/23, 10:29 AM - Oikocredit invests US$ 2 million in RDG Collective to support solar energy growth in Africa